Summer Makeup Must-haves
I've never been one to spend my money on makeup or invest hours into beating my face to perfection, but lately I've been on the hunt for the perfect products for me. Over the years, I've tried so many different foundations, eyebrow pens, mascaras and lip colors, but after a lot of research I've found some amazing products that work great for me!
These products all come from brands I trust and I've been using some of them every day for years! Some are pricier and more of an investment, but I can assure you that they're worth the price and can last a long time if you use them properly.
When wearing all of these products together, you can achieve a beautiful work-to-play daily look that takes little effort to perfect.
1. Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Primer, $36 / I love this primer not only because it smells ahhhhmazing, but it works great as a primer underneath foundation or on its own for everyday sheen.
2. Nars Natural Radiant Foundation, $49 / Maybelline's Fit Me Foundation has been one of my favorites for years now, and I was very pleased to find that this is a very similar formula. The price is a little steeper than what I'm normally willing to spend on a makeup product, but a little bit goes a really long way. I always pair foundation with the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer for my under-eyes and to cover up any blemishes.
3. Milk Makeup Matte Bronzer, $24
4. Milk Makeup Highlighter, $24
5. Milk Makeup Blush, $24
Milk Makeup is a brand that I've really come to love recently. Contouring and highlighting my face has always been a source of confusion for me, but these products have made it really easy. The creamy formulas go on so easily and blend really nicely, resulting in a natural glowy look. At $24 a piece, it can be hard to make the decision to purchase these products. What's great is that Milk Makeup offers kits with smaller versions of the products so you don't have to blindly put your money into something that might not end up working for you.
6. Thrive Causemetics Brilliant Eye Brightener, $24 / I love a good inner-eye brightener, and I'd been eyeing the Thrive Causemetics brightener stick for a while before deciding to get it. I love eye brighteners because they're great on their own with a simple skin tint, but also add a lot to a glammed-up going out makeup look.
7. Anastasia Brow Wiz, $21 / I've been using the Anastasia Brow Wiz for over two years now, and it's absolutely a staple in my makeup bag. Whether I'm simply filling in the "tails" of my brows or fully filling them, this product never fails to make my brows look fuller and bushier.
8. Covergirl Lash Blast, $8.99 / Covergirl Lash Blast has been my go-to mascara since middle school. I've certainly played around with other formulas and different types of wands, but I always come back to Lash Blast for my everyday mascara. While I love to combine benefit Roller Lash and Too Faced Better Than Sex for a dramatic night-out look, Lash Blast is my tried-and-true daily mascara that I could not recommend more.
9. stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick, $22 / For my birthday in 2017, I received a 3-pack of trial-sized Stay All Day lipsticks and I've loved the formula ever since. This lip color really does stay on all day and doesn't taste weird or dry out your lips either. I personally love the shimmer formula, but the Stay All Day lipstick also comes in matte and satin.
Have any questions about these products? Feel free to drop by my Instagram DMs and ask me anything!
As always, xoxo